Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A Needed Getaway

As many of y'all know, this past weekend I took a mini getaway with two girlfriends and traveled down to Carolina Beach, NC. Since starting my new job a year ago (I guess not so new anymore), I have yet to take a vacation, so this trip was severely overdue. It felt amazing to get away from work and all the stressors that surround everyday life and just unwind and relax, and of course the beach makes everything better. 

Now get ready for picture overload of my mini getaway!

Wednesday I was out of work semi early and headed home to begin packing and relaxing. Yes for dinner I had berries in my wine. 



Got in some good reading before it was off to bed early so I would awake refreshed and ready to get on the road!



A toast to celebrate making it to the beach and the start of of a great weekend!



Spending mornings on the porch with my book and coffee did not get old.



Treating ourselves to yummy Britt's Doughnuts... amazing.



Indulging in some late night beers at The Fat Pelican. 




Doing serious damage at the Outlets on our way home... yes I will be living off lettuce the next week. All in all I ended up getting 3 shorts, 2 tops, wallet, and phone cover from J.Crew, dress from Banana Republic, shirt and scarf from Gap, and shorts, sports bra, shirt, and new sneakers from Nike!



And just when I was sad and depressed about coming home from the beach... a package from my best friend telling me how proud she is of me for my first year of work. You're the best Al!

Overall it was a great trip and I am already thinking of when I can getaway again. Being that I work close to 50 hours a week, sometimes over, I think I forget how important it is to take these little chances to reboot and take a little time for myself. Lesson learned from the tip- I need to take better care of myself, especially working in the field I do so that I don't get burnt out. After all, I am not good to anyone if I'm not being good to myself. 

This quote pretty much sums it up. 
What do you do to take care of yourself?



Hope everyone has a great week!




Yours Truly,

2 comments:

Annie {flourishinfertility.com} said...

So glad you got some well deserved and needed time off! I am laughing because now it's my time to say I have never been to N. Carolina beaches- and they are so close to me! Looks like an amazing time and hope you are recovering with heading back to work. xo

Ashley said...

I love lazy mornings at the beach reading mags with coffee. So relaxing! Great finds from the outlet. Love that scarf!