Friday, April 12, 2013

Five Things About Me

Happy Friday friends! This week was a bit all over the place, as I was off Monday and didn't get back in town until late, my whole week just felt off. I managed to get in a couple of good runs before my big 10k this weekend and also prepare for my dads visit! My dad will be coming in town tonight and I can't wait to spend the weekend with him exploring Richmond, eating good food, and most important- the 10k! Rather then my normal 5 for Friday with updates throughout the week, I thought I would change it up a bit and do 5 facts about me!


1. I love the rain. I am one of those weird people that find rain incredibly calming and actually look forward to it when I see a rain day on the weather forecast. I don't find it depressing or annoying in the slightest and its my favorite when I can fall asleep to it. Weird?


2. I am only 5'2... on a good day. I have always been on the shorter side all my life, growing up being in the front of pictures or the front of lines if it was height order. It used to annoy me but now I really like my pint sized self. It does make it challenging to reach certain things and find certain things that fit right but to be honest, I wouldn't have it any other way. 


3. I have real thing with smells, as in I am extremely sensitive to bad smelling things. This creates somewhat of a challenge at times at work, being that I work in a hospital but I have my own stash of sprays I keep in my desk. I completed a nursing assistant course in college because I though it would look great on my resume and had to quit 2 days into my clinicals because I got sick from the smells of a nursing home... not good. 


4. Whenever I am shopping, I tend to gravitate towards one color and then before I know it I have a handful things in that one color when I go to the dressing room. I have no idea why but sure enough I will be walking around a store picking various things up and then get to the dressing room and realize they all have navy blue or black or red somewhere in them. 


5. While I am currently living in Richmond, Virginia, I eventually dream of moving back down south. Going to school in North Carolina and then sticking around and doing an internship, I feel like North Carolina is my home even above where my parents are. Its a very weird attachment but whenever I go to visit friends or travel back for ECU games, I instantly feel home when I cross the NC border. My hope is to eventually get a job in Raleigh, Charlotte, or maybe even Charleston and make the Carolinas my home. 







Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Yours truly,

No comments: