Monday, January 23, 2012

Sometimes ya just need a swift kick in the...

I know I wanted to do a few posts every now and then on how my resolutions are going but to be honest I have not wanted to because I have been horrible about keeping up with them! Ok, not horrible but definitely not keeping up with them as I should. Lets check in shall we...

Resolution 1- Being more considerate. This is something that I have been conscious of and feel that I am right on track with. I have been cooking a lot for my family and even treated them to take out Chinese over the weekend! I've also been trying to help out around the house in taking care of dishes, laundry, and of course taking care of Corduroy!

Resolution 2- Be more conscious of my finances. This is also another one that I am doing good with! I just got my first paycheck on Friday and although I could have thought of  a bunch of things I wanted to buy with it, I chose to treat myself to one new shirt that I have been pinning over for weeks at Nordstrom Rack. I have yet to buy my lunch on my lunch break and have been good about packing lunches.

Resolution 3- Portion Control and Healthy Eating. I'm doing OK with this resolution but it could definitely use improvement. Over the weekend I had a sweet tooth and decided to make a batch of brownies the weigh watchers way using a can of diet coke in substitute for the eggs and oil. The brownies unfortunately did not turn out the greatest but I guess that's to be expected when making something with only .5 grams of fat in each serving.

Resolution 4- Incorporate more exercise into workouts. Well this would be going great if I was exercising AT ALL!. Y'all I have been absolutely HORRENDOUS about working out and I am so mad at myself! I feel gross and know that I need a swift kick in the rear to get me back on track. Anyone have any advice for getting yourself out of a rut? I'm sure everyone has heard the excuses but I feel like by the time I get off and am home around 5:30 I'm exhausted from being with my toddlers all day that the last thing I want to do is hop on a treadmill or go to the gym. But you know what they say- exercise gives you more energy and this is absolutely something I believe in from past experience! I would also love to hear from those that workout and work- when is the best time for you, in the morning before work or after you get off?

So dolls, there you have it. I'm not doing absolutely horrible with my resolutions but I could use a bit of work. Any advice?



No comments: