Friday, December 23, 2011

Why I have the best job ever

The day is finally here! I have been waiting for this day for a very long time and I proud to say I survived my internship! It was a hard unpaid 5 months but I am finally finished! To say I am excited is a complete understatement... I am ecstatic! My internship experience was absolutely great and I can even begin to describe how much I was able to learn. 


A little background on my internship and actual degree- I have a degree in Child Life and completed my internship with a Child Life team at a Children's Hospital. If you have never heard of Child Life- be prepared to be extremely jealous of what I will be doing one day! Child Life works with children in the hospital to try and normalize the experience and help with coping and understanding. This could mean anything from explaining an IV and providing distraction to 10 year old or explaining what leukemia is to 5 year old who's sibling has just been diagnosed. I get to work with amazing families and children on a daily basis and am truly blessed to interact and learn from them and their experiences and also help them in any way I can!

Some people might call what I do depressing and might wonder why I would want to work in that environment but I honestly feel so honored to work with these children and am so thankful for the life lessons they teach me!

After today I will be heading home to MD to spend the holidays with my wonderful families and friends and I honestly can't wait!

I hope everyone has a great Friday and safe travels if you are traveling somewhere!

Side note- I reached 50 followers today! So exciting! Thank you to everyone that follows me!





No comments: