Monday, November 16, 2015

Weekending

Monday Monday Monday we meet again, uhr. This past weekend was pretty low key and just what I needed after a stressful week last week. I was pretty hands off my phone this weekend so not too many pictures to share but here's a bit of how the weekend looked...

Friday afternoon my friend Kelly and I decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and headed out for walk, wine in hand. Unfortunately we couldn't walk too long as it has been getting dark so easily but it was a great way to unwind from the week. Next we headed to Trader Joes to get the fixings for this yummy cheese plate. 
Cheese used:
Pesto Gouda... absolutely amazing and a must try if you live near a Trader Joes
Mushroom Trufle Brie, another one of my favorites
Burratta (I drizzled some honey over the burratta which gives it a nice sweetness)

We stayed in and watch The Other Women which has quickly become one of my favorite easy going movies to watch. Then it was early to bed for this girl. 

Saturday morning I was up early and headed to the gym for a spin class + a run on the treadmill. I am doing a 5k in December and while a 5k sounds like no big deal, it has been a long time since I last ran in a race. After the gym I headed to the grocery store and then home to do some cleaning and laundry. 

Saturday afternoon I headed to a nearby brewery with friends and actually remembered to snap my outfit. 

Boots: Banana Republic (old)
Leggings: TJ Maxx
Shirt: J.Crew
Scarf: Loft

Saturday night was another low key night and included more cheese and crackers + wine. 

Sunday was spent being super productive of more cleaning and doing some meal prep for the week. Lately I have been staying so late at work that the last thing I feel like doing when I get home is cooking dinner. This week I decided to make all my meals on Sunday so I will just have to reheat and enjoy throughout the week.

Meals for this week include:
Ground turkey with sauteed mushrooms, zucchini, onion and garlic. I may eat this plain or perhaps over some brown rice or spaghetti squash. 
Baked tofu with roasted sweet potatoes and black beans. 
As for breakfast, overnight oats with almond butter and banana... my all time favorite. 

Also, today is the last day of the Sephora VIB sale, you can check out my picks here!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Yours truly, 
Emily Ann



2 comments:

Donna said...

Wine with cheese & crackers is always a winning combination! Sounds like you had a great low key weekend.

Darcy said...

Love the outfit! That scarf is super cute!
www.amemoryofus.com