Monday, November 2, 2015

Weekend recap

Happy Monday loves! This past weekend was full relaxing, running errands, and catching up with friends. Here's the run down...

The weekend kicked off a bit early on Thursday night when I had one of my girlfriends over to carve pumpkins and watch a Halloween movie. Two bottles of wine later and this yummy cheese plate + stuffed mushrooms and a flat bread, no pumpkins were carved and no movie was watched. We were too busy catching up and just having a good 'ol girl time we completely forgot about what we had intended to do! Also this wine from Trader Joes is less then $10 and actually pretty good. It's a red blend but it was the perfect pairing for all our yummy foods. 


Friday at work we had a Halloween parade with our patients and it was so much fun. My team and I dressed at ballerina mice and even made our own tutus. 


Friday night I grabbed a glass of wine with a friend then headed home and was in bed by 11... perfect Friday night in my book. 

Saturday morning I was in the mood for some comfort food and decided pancakes sounded amazing. Rather then breaking out the Bisquick, I decided to make the healthier alternative- protein pancakes. There are a ton of different ways to make these but mine was pretty simple and consisted of a mashed banana, 1 egg, and a spinkle of oats. 


The rest of Saturday was spent going to the gym and running errands. While running errands I ended up getting lost but also discovered an area of Raleigh I never knew existed. I love when that happens and spent at least 20 minutes driving through this sweet neighborhood in awe of the amazing old homes and the beautiful fall decorations. 


Saturday night I headed to a friend's Halloween party and chose to keep it pretty basic in all black + mouse ears. I absolutely loved Aubree and Kesler's costume of Deer in Headlights- so clever! 



No pictures to show of Sunday as it was a pretty boring day consisting of laundry, cleaning, and binge watching The Affair. Anyone else seen this show? It's not my favorite but I also can't stop watching it! 

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Yours truly, 
Emily Ann





1 comment:

Roots Out West said...

That neighborhood looks so scenic!