Friday, May 29, 2015

Friday 5


Happy Friday friends! This week has been a bit of a bust for multiple reasons. Last week I mentioned that j was having some car issues and this week that has evolved into needing a new car. While I can't deny the thought of a new car isn't exciting, the task of finding one and working through a car loan has been exhausting and stressful. Anyone else terrible with all things car related? This weekend I will be testing out a few I have my eye on and hopefully making the purchase next week. Being that the week was a bit of a bummer, I am choosing to share 5 things that brought me joy and made my smile... 


Last weekend I traveled back to Pennsylvania for my grandmothers 90th birthday and couldn't help but get a copy of this picture. She is absolutely stunning and I am looking forward to framing this shot and having it on my dresser. 



Unfortunately my grandmother is bound to a wheelchair, however that doesn't stop my popop from pushing her around the dance floor. I snapped this picture of them last weekend and love how considerate he is and also his love to dance.


Iv been pretty steady in my avocado toast breakfast with veggie bacon but decided to change things up one day this week. Enter- overnight oats with banana and almond milk. I'd forgotten how much I love this cold gooey treat and I would highly suggest you check it out for a quick grab and go breakfast that can be made the night before. 


This week I also tried out a new workout class- TRX flex. This class was completely new to me but one I am definitely planning on taken again. The whole class of centered around the suspension anchors and uses your own body weight throughout class. I am definitely feeling sore today. 


Last but not least a new manicure done by one of my sweet patients. I may have had nail polish up to my knuckles but I couldn't have loved it more. 

Being that this is my first weekend in Raleigh in 2 weeks, I am looking forward to doing some test driving and hopefully getting some time to lay out and relax. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Yours truly, 
Emily Ann





3 comments:

Caroline {Virginia Sweet} said...

that picture of your grandmother is amazing and something you will cherish forever! Happy weekend girl!

Tess said...

This whole post made me happy.

Kerry said...

love your mani lol :) keeping tabs on you lady!!