Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Blog Direction



Lately I have been thinking a lot about the direction of my blog and where it was when I first started to what it is now. I originally started the blog as a general sharing of the adventures in my everyday life, which included anything from recipes to new accessories. However the past few months, I've been wanting to turn my blog to a different direction but not quite sure if it was something I could pull off or even necessary to address. After much thought, I decided I would attempt to change the direction of Eloquently Emily and in addition to posting about everyday life, also include more a of healthy living side. 

Ever since making a big move to a new city for a new job I have tried to make myself as healthy as possible. If you've been following me for awhile or even go back to some of my first few months posting, you'll notice I was already pretty healthy. However now that I am living on my own, I have really zeroed in my workouts and eating habits. When I first started this blog I never thought I would be eating tofu, let alone posting recipes. I also never thought I would become this passionate about staying healthy and wanting to share it with others. Now, do I intend to become a work out-o-holic and only eat seaweed... absolutely NOT! There are definitely days when I listen to my body and rather then pushing myself to workout, I rest. There are also times when the only thing I want to eat is a red velvet cupcake with a generous portion of cream cheese frosting. However, for the most part, I work out about 5 times a week alternating between running, kickboxing, yoga, and strength training and also eat on the healthier side of things... so why not share!

This is something I am super excited about for a few reasons, 1. I think it will motivate me even more throughout the day and the week to make healthy choices 2. I can get the input and opinions of others about their healthy choices including workouts and recipes.

I also wanted to make sure I included the first some healthy life style blogs that I read long before I started my own blog and those that I look up to!


If you haven't checked out some of the blogs above, I highly suggest you do so!

Yours truly, 
Em


No comments: