Monday, July 9, 2012

Better Late Then Never- July Goals

Happy Monday loves! This past weekend I traveled down to Eastern NC to spend some time with one of my best friends, Kaitlin! It was a fun filled and relaxing weekend that was spent laughing, lounging in the sun, and sleeping in. Saturday was beyond hot and I was so relieved when her step dad offered to take us out on the river for the day!
Like I said it was hot hot hot and we mostly stayed in the water all day!

Sunday I got on the road pretty early so I could get back to Richmond and get some things done before the week started. While I was running errands, I realized I have yet to post about July's goals! Here is a quick but good list I made out last night and although we are already 9 days into the month, I'm thinking I can get most if  not all accomplished!
Its a bit hard to read so here they are listed below:
1. No meat- I don't eat much meat anyway so I don't think it will be too terrible to nix all together but I am curious to see the effects of not eating meat for a month. 

2. Drink 4 thermos' of water while at work- I have good and bad days of remembering to drink water at work but its definitely something I need to improve on!

3. Begin morning stretching- I've read in multiple articles that stretching first thing in the morning is a great way to get your body started and can lead you to feeling more focused throughout the day. This morning I did a few yoga poses!

4. Morning workouts- Tuesday and Thursdays- I'm still a little unsure of how this will work but I would like to work in workouts before work at least 2 days a week. 

5. Utilize pool at my gym- My gym has a great pool that I would love to start doing laps in! I think it would be a great alternative to days when I don't feel like cardio but would still offer a great workout AND with this heat, who doesn't want to jump in a pool.

6. Bring coffee to work- Last week my roommate got a new coffee maker which has lead to me making coffee every morning! However, I still end up wanting to buy coffee when I get to work which is just silly.

7. Start food/activity journal.- Your looking at it! Last night I decided to turn a lovely notebook I had gotten from Target a few weeks ago into my food and activity journal. 

8. Be social at least one night during the week- During the week I get caught up in my routine of waking up early, going to work, working out, making dinner, and going to bed early that I don't leave room for much else. While I LOVE my routine, I need to remember I am still young and should go out for a happy hour every once in awhile. (Lets hope I don't regret this goal)

9. Try 2 new recipes-
Protein pancake- CHECK (recipe coming tomorrow)
Tuna salad using greek yogurt

10. No computer after 9:30 P.M- This sounds a bit extreme but I think it will help me fall asleep quicker and stay asleep. 


Yikes now looking at it that seems like A LOT to work into a month but I am confident they will get done!

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Yours truly, 
Em



1 comment:

Allyson McGuire said...

I should definitely follow no computer late at night!