Monday, November 10, 2014

Weekend + Feeling Grateful

This past weekend was for lack of better words absolute perfection. I was long overdue for a good weekend at home and boy did I get one this weekend. Friday I was able to scoot out of work a bit early and was immediately headed North. I also picked up Taylor Swift's new cd for my drive and it did not disappoint, I jammed the entire way home. 

Friday night was spent spending time with my parents and grandmother just catching up and enjoying each other's company. I whipped up spaghetti for everyone and then camped on the couch with a glass of red and Pottery Barn's Holiday issue. 


Saturday I was up early and out the door to grab coffee and walk around downtown Annapolis with my friend Kerry. I practically lived in this scarf all weekend and loved how warm and cozy it feels. 


Of course I had to snap some pictures of all the beautiful sail boats. Annapolis is known for it's sailing and it adds such a special touch to the town. 


Next I met my mom downtown for more walking around and a quick lunch. We grabbed mussels and fries at a new downtown spot and it totally hit the spot. 


I also was lucky enough to meet up with a few friends at a popular downtown spot, Pussers for a few drinks and catching up. 


I can't believe I don't have any pictures from Saturday night because my family was sweet enough to do a mock Thanksgiving for me since I will not be able to make it home this year. We had lots of family and friends over and so much yummy food. My best friend Alison and her parents were in attendance and I was so happy to be ale to spend time with them. Alison just passed the bar exam and I could not be more proud of her! 


Sunday we grabbed brunch in Eastport then headed to the Naval Academy to see some of my family that was working and playing in a lacrosse tournament. The Academy is absolutely gorgeous and something I enjoy seeing every time I am home. 



My mom, cousin Shannon, Aunt Donna, and Gram! 

Overall it was such an amazing weekend and has left me feeling so grateful on this Monday morning. While I am so sad I won't be back home until Christmas, I am so thankful for this past weekend. Good time with family and friends, yummy meals, and beautiful weather... what more could a girl ask for. 






3 comments:

My Life as A Plate said...

Looks like a great weekend with friends and family. I love Annapolis, such a fun little town, I need to plan another trip there soon.

Caroline {Virginia Sweet} said...

What a great weekend you had! And I live in that scarf too!!! It is my fav!

Unknown said...

I love weekends at home!