Thursday, January 30, 2014

Recap of D.C and Atlantic City!



Thank you all for the sweet comments Monday and yesterday, I am starting to feel like myself again and will hopefully survive a full day at work tomorrow. Here in Richmond we have quite the bit of snow but thank goodness the roads are much better this time around. I'm pretending I'm reliving last weekend all over again, as opposed to being sick and in the snow this week. Last weekend I had the pleasure of getting together with a group of girls from college to celebrate Jenna's 25th birthday! It was so much fun and I am already looking forward to seeing every one again!

Friday night I arrived in D.C and immediately headed to Trader Joes to get a few essentials, aka birthday cake, wine, and supplies to make a yummy cheese plate. Everyone came over around 9 and it was champagne and shots for all. 

Jenna, Myself, Elise, and Ellen

I finally was able to find myself some leather leggings and am utterly obsessed with them! Link to come in this weeks favorites!
Shirt: Forever 21
Leggings: You'll see soon!
Necklace: House of Harlow
Pumps: Nordstrom, unsure of brand
Lipstick: Sephora, Sexy Game

Saturday we slept in a bit, grabbed bagels. and then braved the snow storm for the drive up to Atlantic City. We had a few more people meeting us in Atlantic City and once we got there we began getting ready and popping more champagne. 


Not the best picture but that's all the gals. Clearly I missed the memo on wearing black, noted for next time!

We went to the Borgata and watched the boys gamble for a bit before hitting the dance floor at Mur Mur. 


Sunday wouldn't have been complete without grabbing breakfast hoagies and gatorade at WaWa and doing some serious nap recovery in the car. Little did I know I wasn't just feeling slightly hungover but was also developing strep...double whammy. Sunday night I wasn't feeling up to driving back to Richmond and opted to stay in D.C for the night to watch the Grammys with the girls and order pizza... a perfect ending to the weekend. 

Throughout this year many of my friends, including myself will be turning 25 and have already started brainstorming where they would like to celebrate. After reading April's post on Airbnb I am thinking that may be perfect for a girls getaway for mine in Charleston!

How did you spend your 25th celebration or how do you plan to?

Yours truly,
Emily

3 comments:

Tess said...

I loved your outfit on friday night - those leather pants and that necklace are so fab!

Chelsea said...

Cannot wait for a post on those leather leggings- also, any kind of night with champagne and cake is my kind of night! :)

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Love your blue dress!