Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A Day In The Life...




Happy Wednesday loves! Thank goodness this week is half way over because tomorrow I will be flying out to Denver, CO for the National Child Life Conference! I think a little time away from Richmond is just what the doctor ordered and I can't wait to explore Denver! I will also be lucky enough to see some friends from college that I have not seen since graduation, catching up is in serious order. If anyone has any recommendations of places to go or see in downtown Denver, I am all ears! 

Now for Day 15's blogging challenge... A Day In The Life

Now that my work schedule has changed, most of my workouts are done in the morning. Spinning on Tuesday and Thursday mornings and regular gym sessions on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. 


If it's a spin day, I normally treat myself to an iced coffee afterwards. Nothing special just place 'ol ice coffee but it definitely is a pick me up after a spin class.

Next its home and time to get ready for the day! I am definitely not someone who plans what they wear each week and often don't decide until 5 minutes before I walk out the door. There have been days where it looks like a tornado went through my room because I have the hardest time deciding what to wear each day. 


In between showering and picking out what to wear, I normally fit in making breakfast and reading some of my daily blog reads. Breakfast is my favorite meal, which also means it's the hardest to decide what to make.  My normal go to breakfasts are smoothies, egg white omelets, or overnight oatmeal. 



Next it's off to work! My new work schedule is 10:30/11 till about 8:30/9. During the day I cover the Acute Care Pediatrics unit and then around 5:00 head down to the Emergency Department to help out down there. Every day is different and sometimes my days are crazy and I barely have time to eat lunch, other days are much more calm and I am able to spend tons of one on one time with my patients. 

(Not one of my patients)

I've also been trying to break my habit of grabbing an afternoon coffee but it really does make the world of difference, especially on busy stressful days.



When I get home from work around 9/9:30 I brush my teeth, wash my face, and in to bed I go to do a little reading before passing out. 



There you have it, a day in the life! 

What does your day look like?


Yours truly, 

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I am sure you have told me this before, but where are you spinning?