Monday, October 26, 2015

Weekend Recap



Monday we meet again. Anyone else particularly not looking forward to this week as much as me? Nothing against Halloween or anything but when you've had a great weekend like I had, Mondays are just a drag. 

This weekend I traveled home to Annapolis to surprise my mom for her birthday and spend the weekend with her and my grandmother. I was lucky enough to get Friday off and was in time to surprise my mom before heading out to dinner for her birthday. 

Right after driving down the driveway honking like a crazy person yelling surprise out my window... that girl. 

For dinner we headed downtown Annapolis to Luna Blu. I had actually never been to this little spot before, but it was perfect and located right off of State circle. 


For dinner I had the arugla salad to start and the Rockfish over angel hair with lemon and capers... amazing. With full bellies and a few glasses of wine, we headed home and called it a night. 

Saturday mom and I laid around the house catching up on Greys and Scandal and then headed out for a marathon day of shopping. It had been a really long time since my last shopping outing and I could not wait to snag some goodies for Fall and Winter. Here's a few of the things I got...






(Note: I'm not a huge fan of how these look under boots, I got them more to wear around the house with an oversized sweater or sweatshirt.)







Last but not least and probably my favorite buy of the weekend.... (sorry for the iphone pic)
Unfortunately I couldn't locate these online but they are Steve Madden from Nordstrom Rack and absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to wear them with my leather leggings, new blouse, and a fun scarf or necklace. 

My favorite part about my shopping day was almost everything I got was on sale and I managed to get everything above for less then $200. Saturday night I had a movie night with mom and gram and watched The Other Woman, had pizza and salad for dinner, and was asleep before 11. 

Sunday my mom had to head into work for a bit but I decided to get on the road and meet some friends in Richmond for brunch. 

There are so many yummy brunch places in Richmond it's often hard to choose which to go to but yesterday we decided on The Roosevelt. I had the pancakes with ricotta cheese and stewed apples, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. After brunch I was back on the road to Raleigh and spent the rest of the day doing unpacking, doing laundry, and grocery shopping. 

Overall it was an amazing weekend and I am so glad I could go home to spend some time with my mom and grandmother, they are such a great. 

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Yours truly, 
Emily Ann














No comments: