Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 In Review and Hopes for 2013

Looking back at 2012, I can't believe how much has happened! Last year at this time I had just completed my internship and moved home to start my first job post college as a preschool teacher. It had been a LONG time since I lived at home and I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little excited to be back home with parents and lets be honest- life while living at home isn't too bad. I also loved my first job as a preschool teacher and thought it was a great transition between ending college and finding my current job. Also while at home I got to spend lots of time with friends from high school who I had not seen in so long- it was so great spending time with them and pretending like we were back in high school for girls nights. 

During this period at home, I also took the time to focus in on my health and more importantly what I was putting into my body. I pulled back on dairy and switched to almond milk and started cooking with a lot more veggies and tofu. While I can't say my parents were thrilled about these changes, it definitely set me up for starting to cook for one when I moved into my apartment. 

Mid-way through the spring, I accepted a job in Richmond and moved myself and my life to a new city where I knew almost no one! Even to this day, I still can't believe how big of a move I made in terms of not knowing anyone but luckily I have been fortunate enough to meet a great group of girlfriends! Most of my time spent in my new town has been spent working and while that sounds boring, I have made a lot progress in my current position and after the new year will be getting a mini promotion! 

I have never been someone that is big on resolutions so instead here are a few prints I have found that capture I want to look at 2013!







Hope everyone had a great New Years Eve and has a wonderful start to the New Year!


No comments: